CAREER COUNSELOR TO JOB CHANGER: What is your passion?
CAREER CHANGER TO COUNSELOR: I don’t really know…
CAREER COUNSELOR TO JOB CHANGER: So come back to see me when you do know.
Sounds familiar? It doesn’t have to be that way!
- wonder whether there still is a market for what you do best
- feel that the advice that you’re given sends you right back to square one?
- have a resigned feeling that at this point in your career, you’ve hit a wall in your career options
- Feel the spark has gone out of what you do?
You know that something about your career or life has got to change, but you don’t quite know what
Perhaps you’ve tried counselling, head-hunters and talking to friends and family, but everyone seems to send you back to where you are today. And you ask yourself- “ Should I really just accept that discomfort, and muddle along?”
I have been there! I spent ages stressing out about what I wanted to do with my life! I talked to friends, joined career-change groups, did skills evaluations., read books and I know how frustrating it is when none of this actually helps. much sooner what I need to do in life and put it into practice, one step at a time.
A few years ago,I did an Global MBA in fashion management. Certain classmates began to consult me regularly about the career change cum lifestyle changes they were going through. Helping them create a new professional future that worked for them as they evolved, I felt a pattern and a vocation. I realized that connecting with people on their terms was what I was good at, which led me to train to become a coach.
SO I created Renew Transition Coaching so that people like you could stop feeling stuck and frustrated and reframe their career to fit who they have become. I provide a structure to help you open up different perspective and put them into practice, one step at a time. As a Certified coach*, I listen without judgement, help identify your saboteurs and core values , and ask you those questions that open up perspectives to help you enjoy the journey to a life of meaning and purpose.
I’m bilingual and bicultural – American and French. I have worked as a journalist, fashion editor, copywriter, corporate language teacher and coach – and still spent a lot of time spinning my wheels and searching for my true purpose in life.
My diverse experience has given me the perspective to realise that you have many possible lives, and to be able to help you open up ,explore what else you could be.
*The practical bits
- CPCC: Certified Professional Co-Active Coach
- ORSC: Organisational Relationship and Systems training
- Member of ICF: the International Coaching Federation
- Global MBA from IFM, the Paris fashion management school. A lifelong city dweller, I’m gradually designing my first real garden here on the Sussex coast, and I work with The Prince’s Trust, mentoring young people who’ve slipped out of the system to present their best selves to the world.